Before addressing any bug to AweSync, please read compatibility notes for Lotus Notes and Microsoft Windows, specifically Vista and Windows 7.
Most complex compatibility issues are related with Lotus Notes COM subsystem. So, even if your Lotus Notes Client is not officially supported but successfully works with your Windows 7 or Windows Vista system, any programs which operate with Lotus Notes via COM (like AweSync) may not work.
Below are several links from IBM site, which describe compatibility issues and possible ways to resolve.
- Windows 8.0 (32 and 64 bit) is fully supported by IBM Notes since version 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) is fully supported by IBM Notes since version 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) is fully supported by Lotus Notes since version 8.5.1 Fix Pack 1
Windows 7 … certification testing has been completed for Notes 8.5.1 Fix Pack 1
- 64-bit edition of Windows Vista is not supported by Lotus Notes 7.0, 8.0, 8.5
- Vista with UAC (User Account Control) is supported only starting from version 8.01, but requires multi-user installation.
If Domino Designer and Administrator are installed (which requires single-user installation), then special steps during installation are required.
Also please note, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 has the same UAC feature and it’s enabled by default.
- Lotus Notes since version 6.5 – 8.0 requires special installation on Windows Vista and higher
Lotus Notes of versions and configurations which don’t support multi-user installation requires installation to folder out of Program Files, for example, to C:\Lotus\Notes. This is not official IBM note, but this configuration was tested by our team.